I needed to do a page on setting up server 2019 on the z390-a MB from ASUS. There are some driver issues that need to be resolved since Intel is behind on driver support for the chipset and LAN controller. This is a repeat of a similar issue with the same chipsets on Server 2016.
ASUS z390-A Manual to verify chipset versions.
Source Blog for loading drivers on the previous Server 2016 prior to Intel supporting the OS.
For rebuilding the server again if the drivers are still unreleased:
Notes: Device Hardware ID (Device Manager) = VEN_8086&DEV_15BC
- Run the Intel.exe and drag the window to the side leaving the files unziped
- Go to temp directory (example: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp)
- Start powershell, CD to Temp directory.
- Get-ChildItem -Path .\ -Recurse | Select-String -Pattern "VEN_8086&DEV_15BC" |group path | select name
- Result = (example) C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2\RarSFX0\PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS62\e1d62x64.inf
- Copy the Win64 directory to a c:\drives\intel folder for installation
- Browse to the new file path to modify the file name in our powershell search result (e1d62x64.inf)
- Search for "ControlFlags" remove entries (leave the [ControlFlags])
- Scroll to the section [Intel.NTamd126.96.36.199], copy all values
- Paste all values in the next section [Intel.NTamd64.10.0]
- Save and close the file
- Restart Computer
- Spam F8, select Disable Driver Enforcement from the startup options
- Install Driver (Device Manager), say YES to the unsigned Driver